~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~because he likes innards... chicken liver pate...
- 1 lb chicken livers
- milk for soaking
- 4 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 medium sized onion, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sherry or brandy
- Rinse the chicken livers and cover with milk for 2 hrs.
- Dry chicken livers.
- Fry livers in the butter until they change color.
- Reduce the heat, add the onion and garlic cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Add the tomato paste and sherry or brandy.
- Blend until smooth and turn into a small dish.
- Serve with crackers or toast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I always wanted to make roasted bone marrow and after reading that Anthony Bourdain would choose this as his last meal, I definitely had to make it.
just take 3" marrow bones and roast for 15 mins. @ 450 F. Serve with coarse sea salt on the side and crostini.
Next, Savory Polenta. I used Alton Brown's recipe. I didn't mix so well, so it had lumps, but still good. I would make it again, but mix better next time.
And last before dessert...Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon
I wanted to make this after watching Julie and Julia.
This was served over home made egg noodles. My noodles turned out really funny looking, very wrinkled. I should of took a picture of it, so you can laugh too. Yup, they were that funny and we still ate it, no waste. I will have to practice making egg noodles again.